Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD12 - printing a total in start-of-document

Posted by Arie 
Hi, one of my customers want to see the end-total get printed in the report-header.
Afaik the report is printed sequentially. Is there a simple way to transfer the end-total (invisible calculated item in the report-FOOTER) back to the report-HEADER?

Arie
Aad Gouka
Re: WD12 - printing a total in start-of-document
July 06, 2009 08:17PM
Hi Arie,

I had a similar problem once. It can't be done the easy way.
You have to calculate this field manually before the header is printed.

Grt/Aad

OK. Thanks Aad.
I can do this running by running a query in the report init section.

But: can I use the SAME query, which feeds the report? And re-HExecuteQuery this query afterwards to prepare it for the report?

Of course I could try that, but maybe you know the answer already :rp:

Arie
Al
Re: WD12 - printing a total in start-of-document
July 06, 2009 11:37PM
Hello Arie

I think in these cases it is important to always get the total from the report rather than calculate it separately, as you are then protected from any changes that might occur in the data gathering methods.
You could run the report twice. Once invisibly to a file to get the total from the footer and store that value and then again to display it. You can use variables to determine which is the second print run and show the total in the header rather than the footer for the second run.

Regards
Al

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 11:44PM by Al.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.