Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD12 - screen partially black

Posted by Arie 
Arie
WD12 - screen partially black
July 03, 2009 02:34PM
Hi,
one of my custumers reported a black screen, using my WD12 application. It happens about once 1 day.

Details: it looks like a redraw issue. Only images are suddenly turned black (mainly background and a number of images on buttons). Text (on those buttons) is still visible. But in this case most part of the window is build on images smiling smiley

(Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot)

With this nasty looking window, the application does work normally.
After closing and reopening everything is back to normal again.

Anyone seen this before?

Arie
Walter Celerier.pcs.crosspost
Re: WD12 - screen partially black
July 03, 2009 03:54PM
Yes,

I also have it on Netwerk terminals working with a RDP-client or a Citrix-client.
This was caused by the terminal OS or the installed client and had nothing to do with Windev itself.
I upgraded the terminalsoftware and everything looked better.

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Arie
July 03, 2009 04:17PM
Thank you Walter,
in my case there are 2 xp-stations, lastest servicepack. In a workgroup - no server.
Sometimes when "hover" the buttons they become visible again.

But we are using these stations for quite a few other clients too. I will get a look at hardware differences or drivers.
To be continued...

Arie
SuperDude.pcs.crosspost
July 03, 2009 06:10PM
SuperDude.pcs.crosspost
July 03, 2009 06:10PM
Arie Mars wrote:
> Hi,
> one of my custumers reported a black screen, using my WD12 application. It happens about once 1 day.
> Details: it looks like a redraw issue. Only images are suddenly turned black (mainly background and a number of images on buttons). Text (on those buttons) is still visible. But in this case most part of the window is build on images smiling smiley
> (Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot)
> With this nasty looking window, the application does work normally.
> After closing and reopening everything is back to normal again.
> Anyone seen this before?
> Arie
>
Had a similar pb. a while ago. solved it with invaliderect api function.
sorry.. can't find the source. björn
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Arie
July 03, 2009 06:57PM
Some more info: I disabled the DDW effect. Instead of turning black the window is turning blue now.
Arie
Arie
Re: Re: WD12 - screen partially black
July 03, 2009 06:58PM
Thank you Björn!!
I will try that.
Arie
Arie
Re: Re: WD12 - screen partially black
July 03, 2009 07:03PM
btw Björn - can you remember at what point you put the call to InvalidateRect?
at the end of the initialization? Or getfocus? Of maybe using a timer, so this function will be called a few millisecs. after initialization?

Arie
Piet van Zanten
July 04, 2009 10:42AM
Hi Arie,

Recently I noticed that on a high color screen setting images with transparent background were not transparent anymore. Switching to true color solved this.
In general my experience is that Windev screen handling is not rock solid anymore.

Regards,
Piet
Arie
July 04, 2009 01:03PM
Thanks all,
you convinsed me it's not one of my famous programming incapabilities.
Next week we will replace one client machine at the customers site. Then I have a machine, with this problem, to try all suggestions.
In the meantime I have reporterd this problem to PCSoft too. If they have an answer or workaround I will let you know.

Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.