Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WinDev12] Problems with HF/CS

Posted by Marco Rego 
Marco Rego
[WinDev12] Problems with HF/CS
June 26, 2009 05:49PM
Well doctor, I was a happy man. In my infantry I've made my 2 first small applications with HF Local as the database and everything worked just fine, no problems at all, it seems I was dreaming after long years of C# nightmares when I had to code every single detail.

Then I grew up, for my 3rd application, I had to do it client/server, so I decided to code it using again HF and now C/S. As before, did very fast all the Analysis, Windows, Queries, etc., it was all well until the day I started testing the application. First I made it HF Local (the Analysis was done with HF C/S) and when I did it not all the files (.FIC) were generated, hmm strange, but kept on going. Soon I saw that I could not use Stored Procedures on HF Local, so I went back to HF C/S, then more problems appeared, again could not see all the files with HF Control Center, also, could not see my stored procedures stored in the database, I could see and edit the files and stored procedures on the IDE but for some reason they were not showing in the database.
Connection between the files was another problem, they disappeared at least twice and I had to redo it.

I have tried everything I could imagine. Recompile the Project, compile the Analysis, repair Analysis, Synchronize Project and Analysis, Update Hyper Files Data Files, etc., still cannot see all the files and stored procedures on the HF C/S database.

Any doctor could help here please ?

_______
Marco
Arie
Re: [WinDev12] Problems with HF/CS
June 26, 2009 06:39PM
Maybe this thread will help you.

[forum.mysnip.de]

Arie
Novica njagojevic
June 26, 2009 08:16PM
1. define your files as hyper file classic,then in project code describe hf c/s connection,and
switch to than connection with hchangeconnection.
2. in IDE update your stored procedures by opening analysis,then go to - Analysis,
then Hyper File Client/Server,then Update stored elements (for test)
3. to make your files automaticly open witout calling hcreationifnotexist,
go to menu option - Project,then - project description,Click on - Files option,
then check the option - Automatically create the data files if not found when they are
opened
Marco Rego
June 26, 2009 10:57PM
Followed your instructions but did not work.
When I update (for test) it says it was successful but nothing happens :-(.

Novica Njagojevic
June 27, 2009 12:44AM
I m confused , could you please explain again,what you want to achieve.
Novica Njagojevic
June 27, 2009 12:45AM
Or send me your example to try.
Jimbo
June 27, 2009 04:36AM
Marco Rego
Followed your instructions but did not work.
When I update (for test) it says it was successful but nothing happens :-(.

WHAT should happen????
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.