Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with Analysis

Posted by Joel 
Joel
Problem with Analysis
June 19, 2009 06:25PM
Hi -

In WebDev, each time I save /generate / update analysis, I get an error - "Link already Found" and then it names a link. In an effort to fix this, I delete the link but the next time I get the same error with another link named. I delete that link and I get the error again with yet another link. I'd rather not delete all the links and start over. I have tried repairing both analysis and project - the problem still remains.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?
Jimbo
Re: Problem with Analysis
June 19, 2009 06:48PM
Hi Joel, probably the problem sits in your database. There is a file 'integrity.fic' that contains all the links and usually it's fucked up after a lot development cycles. You can edit integrity.fic and straighten out the problem or (recommended) you just copy the datafiles out, delete the database and re-import the datafiles. It's up to you. Regards, Guenter
Frans
June 19, 2009 11:48PM
Helo Guenter,

I tried to find the file integrity.fic to look at it but couldn't find it.
Where is it located?

Thanks in advance.
Jimbo
June 20, 2009 08:09AM
uh, come on ..
\Programs (x86)\PC SOFT\HyperFileSQL Server\BDD\YourDataBase\__System
Guenter
Frans
Sorry Problem with Analysis
June 20, 2009 12:11PM
Hello Guenter,

Sorry, but before I wrote the message I searched the whole harddisk for (even int*.fic) it but couldn't find it. Could it be that it is only a webdev or client server thing? Or is integrity misspelled?
Jimbo
Re: Sorry Problem with Analysis
June 20, 2009 08:07PM

Oh Frans, I'm so sorry ! I strongly believed that you're using HyperFileSQL Server ! And this is a penomenon I myself experienced in v11 - links were mixed up in integrity.fic during frequent changes of the analysis, not deleted, doubled and so on. It's been a horror.

But since this is HF Classic, problems can sit in the analysis file youprojectname.wda only and if you tried to use the analysis-repair option in the IDE-menu with no avail I think there's no other way than to start a new project with one placeholder file only, copy the analysis (analysis to 10% magification, lasso it and copy Ctrl-C - insert in new project anlysis using Ctrl-V, delete placeholder file), copy global procedures, copy project code, import windows.
Kind regards,
Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.