Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WinDev 14 startup error

Posted by David Martin 
David Martin
WinDev 14 startup error
June 12, 2009 05:00PM
Sometimes when I start WinDev 14 I get the below error, when I click on Retry it continues and starts up fine. WinDev 11 & 12 still start up fine.

Anyone else having this happen?

Thanks,

David
Novi Njagojevic
Re: WinDev 14 startup error
June 12, 2009 08:33PM
Tris problem comes from Openoffice,i had that problem with WD 12. Deinstall
The OpenOffice and try again.
David Martin
June 12, 2009 08:39PM
Thanks for the reply.

I heard back from PC Soft support a little while ago and they said the same thing.

They suggested I disable the spell checking and try.

My spell checking was already disabled. So I tried it with it enabled ... no difference.

Uninstalling Open Office is not an option ... it is a program I need for working with some customers.

It is interesting that you had this problem with v12 ... because I have not ... and I don't have spell check disabled in v12.

Novica Njagojevic
June 12, 2009 08:46PM
Maybe the problem is in the quick launch icon for the OpenOffice in the taskbar,try to disable the quick launch icon.
David Martin
June 12, 2009 09:01PM
I was thinking just the opposite. I don't have quick launch enabled and thought maybe that is why it was timing out...

Haven't tried enabling yet and rebooting ... I will ...
David Martin
June 12, 2009 11:41PM
Ok, using WinDev 14 & OpenOffice 3.1:

With OpenOffice Quickstart loaded it starts fine ... without it loaded WinDev gives the error the first time it is started after a system restart. Further startups are fine.

In my installation, WinDev 12 starts fine with or without Quickstart.

The "Disable the spelling checker" option is checked in v14 but not in v12.

This was NOT exhaustive testing so ... your mileage may vary smiling smiley

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.