Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Image managing

Posted by Piet van Zanten 
Piet van Zanten
Image managing
June 09, 2009 11:54AM
Hi,

When migrating I always copy a project to the current Windev folder: My ProjectsNN. This way I can work on the new version and still maintain the old one.

Now suppose I migrated from Windev 10 to 12.
My style sheet was kept in My Projects10\Shared. All images in the copied style sheet in My Projects12/Shared still refer to My Projects 10/Shared. If I finally remove or rename the My Projects10 folder, then all images in my stylesheet become orphans, resulting in red crosses in the style sheet. No search and replace possible, so start typing: [[5]]

Has anyone had the same problems and found a solution? If not I might wrtite a small app to do the search and replace in the .sty file.

I shure wish PCsoft would finally jump into some kind of image management, because IMHO: it's a mess.

Regards,
Piet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 11:58AM by Piet van Zanten.
Frans
Re: Image managing
June 09, 2009 06:58PM
Hello Piet,

This is what I do:
Make a copy with : Tools, Save
Restore it on your new location and open the project.
Then Windev wil start with something like:
The project has been moved etc.
Then you have no problem with orphan images.

Piet van Zanten
Re: Image managing
June 09, 2009 07:37PM
Thanks Frans, I'll try that.
Regards,
Piet
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.