Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HFCS Backup time

Posted by Arie 
Arie
HFCS Backup time
June 04, 2009 01:22PM
Hi,

I'm using HBackup(). When I show a list of all backups via HInfoBackup(), the date is correct. However the time-part shows a difference of 2 hours.
I presume it has something to do with timezones or daylight savings. However HFCS-server and my apps are both on the same machine!

Arie
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
Re: HFCS Backup time
June 04, 2009 06:15PM
Hi Arie...

if I remember correctly, times at that level are UTC times... So would
you by any chance work in a UTC+2 or UTC-2 time zone?

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

Arie Mars wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using HBackup(). When I show a list of all backups via HInfoBackup(), the date is correct. However the time-part shows a difference of 2 hours.
> I presume it has something to do with timezones or daylight savings. However HFCS-server and my apps are both on the same machine!
> Arie
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Arie
June 04, 2009 07:36PM
Fabrice,
greetings from Holland!
Which means UTC+1. Plus daylight saving 1 hour -> indeed UTC+2.

No big deal right now. I asked PCSOFT to deal with it. Maybe in V15?
Arie
Fabrice Harari
June 04, 2009 11:17PM
Hi Arie...

as for any date/time that has to be stored for users potentially in different time zone, this one HAS to be stored as UTC...

Now of course, YOU can translate that time using the UTCxxx functions and display it in your local time

best regards

Arie
June 05, 2009 09:21AM
Frabrice, indeed DateTimeUTCToLocal() is what I was looking for. Missed that one.
Thanks.
Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.