Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Idea] WinDev Mobile for Google / Nokia Phones?

Posted by JB 
Here's an interesting idea.

WinDev can currently create Java based applications, so wouldn't it be cool if they expanded on this to the mobile platform as both the Google and Nokia phones use Java.

Maybe we should suggest this to PC Soft smiling smiley

What are your thoughts?

JB
Fabrice Harari
Re: [Idea] WinDev Mobile for Google / Nokia Phones?
May 29, 2009 12:57PM
Hi Jonathan...

Why would they? as you said, windev can already do it... And nothing prevents you from creating a mobile app in java using windev, so you already have a solution, AFAIK

After all, the JAVA virtual machine is supposed to do just that, virtualize the hardware it's running on... So as long as you create an app with very small windows, you should be just fine

Best regards

That's very interesting thought Fabrice.

I was thinking more about the Google and Nokia platform SDK's that allow you to access specific functionality on the phones, but maybe there is a way to include the libraries in a project. I'm sure you will know the answer smiling smiley

Thanks

JB
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
Re: [Idea] WinDev Mobile for Google / Nokia Phones?
May 29, 2009 03:44PM
Hi again...

nope, that one I do not know... I never had the time to play with a
google phone, and up till now, no customer of mine payed me to do it :-)

best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

JB wrote:
> That's very interesting thought Fabrice.
> I was thinking more about the Google and Nokia platform SDK's that allow you to access specific functionality on the phones, but maybe there is a way to include the libraries in a project. I'm sure you will know the answer smiling smiley
> Thanks
> JB
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.