Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Execute table event

Posted by John Marrone 
John Marrone
Execute table event
April 29, 2009 01:14PM
Hi All
I have 2 tables in a window. In table 2 I want to double click a row and then I want the selection bar in table 1 to move to the next row. I also want the row selection event in table 1 to fire when the selection bar is moved to the next row. Any and all help with this will be thankful. Can you ExecuteProcess a table event and if so how?
DerekT
Re: Execute table event
April 29, 2009 01:45PM
John

To move to the next row then
TableSelectPlus(MyTable,TableSelect(MyTable) + 1)
should do it.
You will need some additional checking to make sure you are not on the last row.

I believe you can use
ExecuteProcess(MyTable.MyProc,trtOnRowDisplay)
not sure if the trtxxx is correct, have a scroll through the list.

HTH

DerekT
John Marrone
April 29, 2009 06:35PM
Thanks Derek, that helped.
BLS
April 30, 2009 12:48AM
Any chance that you are going to use your own brain ?
Björn RTFM
John Marrone
April 30, 2009 05:45PM
Any chance of you being of some help on a software support form. I do enjoy how some people talk to other people behind the safety of a computer screen. I always make an honest effort on my own before I get on this forum and ask for help. If this bothers you, well to bad.

In my 3 years on this forum that was about the dumbest statement I have seen.
BLS
May 05, 2009 03:45PM
Hi John,
maybe you remember that I've helped you to find out how to use Internal windows.

A little bit more effort on your side and you should have figured it out by yourself.

Next, you asked twice! about how to access a OOP member variables. Ouch. This sucks.
Read the manual DOT

You should know that a good answer requires some (expensive) time and at least some Good Will.
If (and this is my impression) people are asking for “Can you do my home-work “than a discussion forum becomes senseless: Why ? Because people like me are loosing interest in helping.

Dumbest response at all ? Well I don't care.
Björn
DerekT
May 05, 2009 03:55PM
BLS

It was me who answered and I do not feel that I wasted any time at all.
What has been a waste is all the subsequent banter.

If you are losing interest then DO NOT respond - someone else in all probability will.

We all make choices...............
Some look for the answer and then ask, others ask first and then (hopefully) look.

It is not for us to pass any judgement other than by deciding whether to respond to their questions or not.

There we go, more time lost!!!!! [[5]]

DT

BLS
May 05, 2009 04:21PM
well Derek, it may take a bit of your time !, but I am sure you'll find my answer regarding YOUR API programming question.
An answer which takes about 15 minutes of my time. (and if I recall correctly : I was the only one who gave a serious hint + source)

However, I think you miss the point :In case that you have too many garbage within a discussion forum than people are not longer going to ask, respective answer serious questions. What you got is a Mickey Mouse Club. Funny but useless.

Bjoern
BLS
May 05, 2009 07:45PM
Derek T
It was me who answered and I do not feel that I wasted any time at all.
What has been a waste is all the subsequent banter.

NO, guess that was me winking smiley

[forum.mysnip.de]

and I've wasted time, at least right now.
Björn
John Marrone
May 05, 2009 09:11PM
Bjorn

I can assure you I spend a lot of my time trying to figure it out on my own. Then I will ask for help. And if you think someone is trying to get you to do their job for them, don't answer. I am not to keen on doing someone else job myself. But when I can't figure something out I figure someone else has had this problem so I put an entry on this board. I did ask the same question twice. About a year apart or long enough apart that I forgot it. But I know developers time is important and I am always grateful for any help. But to get on this board and ask someone when they were going to start using their own brain was uncalled for. And the comment you left didn't even have anything to do with any question, just to be hateful. So if you think someone is wasting your time don't help. I know I try not to waste my time.You shouldn't either.

If I have another question on this board feel free to totally ignore it.
BLS
May 05, 2009 11:25PM
John,
first of all
I feel absolutely free to answer, to ignore, to argument, to blame or shame myself, or to do the opposite:
My point is :

You are asking too many simple question which you can answer by yourself.
No ? Make a forum search "John Marrone” limited to the last 30 days..

Björn.
John Marrone
May 06, 2009 08:24AM
This is going nowhere. You didn't read my last comment So ok you win, now please just leave me alone. I will let you have the last word so lets let your next comment be the end of it.
Marius
May 06, 2009 01:26PM
Hi John

Just ignore this *&*&*. Björn think he knows everything and that everyone else is stupid.

We had such a person way back (5 years) or more who had the same attitude and fortunatily he left the forum. Or maybe it is the same guy with a different name. Hmmmm. You never know.

Regards
Marius
Jimbo
Please, STOP this thread !
May 06, 2009 04:21PM
Hi friends,

may I ask all of you: please stop this thread! This will lead to nowhere, believe me ...

Kind regards,
Guenter

BLS
May 06, 2009 05:32PM
Jimbo san,
Guess we know us since the very much beginning of these forum. (H.J.R: was alive)
having respect for you (as human beeing ) and as developer, I think it's better to drop out here.

Björn
PS : to Marius van der Vogelweide : Attitude ? Moi ? ,Ick, at least I know what I am talking about.
Jimbo
May 06, 2009 06:00PM
BLS
Jimbo san,
Guess we know us since the very much beginning of these forum. (H.J.R: was alive)
having respect for you (as human beeing ) and as developer, I think it's better to drop out here.

Björn
PS : to Marius van der Vogelweide : Attitude ? Moi ? ,Ick, at least I know what I am talking about.

Hi Massa Bjoern,
let's just end this thread, nothing else. Thanks! We can discuss this by mail, if you want, but please, don't add anything here. gpredl at syspredl dot at
Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.