Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RSS Feed Tool

Posted by Hans60 
Hans60
RSS Feed Tool
April 27, 2009 12:17PM
I need a RSS feed tool for PPC. Does anyone have some code he would be willing to share or sell? Let me know either here or (nyh at gmx.net)
Thanks
Hans
DarrenF
Re: RSS Feed Tool
April 27, 2009 01:13PM
Hi,

Have you taken a look at my Exchange Rate RSS feed example on the WinDev Solutions forum?

That may help...?

Cheers.
Hans60
April 28, 2009 10:52AM
Thanks Darren!
Did you only try with Currencies or with some News feed's as well? I belive there are different versions of Feeds, is that a issue ' Do you have any idea?
Regards
Hans
DarrenF
April 28, 2009 12:57PM
Hi,

No, I've only tried it with exchange rates at the moment and I don't really use it as a continuous feed. I have the processing linked to a button at the moment.

It was just a means of proving to a customer that it could be done on demand - one less thing to worry about winking smiley

The way it seems to work is that a request is made to the URL and the results are returned in XML and you parse them.

I'm sure a timed processes could be set up to periodically issue a request to a news feed and display the results on a window? There a quite a few XML commands to help you parse XML files.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.