Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to add Project Monitoring Center to existing project ? Urgent

Posted by BLS 
HI,
we are working on a multi-developer WD12 project, SCM -> HyperfileSQL C/S based. Now I want to add Project Monitoring using the same database server.

How to ? Any tips and tricks ?

Many thanks Björn
Okay, solved ... so forget about this task ... but ProjectMonitoring via VPN is completely unusable even snake mail is faster.( Any ideas how to speed up the thing ?)

Björn
Regards !
We use Project development via SCM over the internet, with C/S HF and speed is very good.
My Solution !
1. [www.dyndns.com] and create free host (Up to 5 is free)
2. Download from this site DynDNS updater and install on "server" PC

Connection from WinDev
1. Check C/S
2. Server is (Exam.:MyDNS.dyndns.org)
3. port is 4900
4. Name for the database is example: SCM or MyDatabase

To be honest, we do not use Project monitoring but I think about it and I see, it is same situation like this I describe. You don't need any router, just internet connection on all PCs where you develop same project. This work also for PCs on same wired network
VPN with mapping disk is very slow connection type.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks, interesting information. !! (have made a print copy)

Well SCM via VPN works fine for us too. ProjectMonitoring is about 20 upto 50 times slower.
Difficult to understand 'cause Project Monitoring is useing the same database server.

Beside, we are using OpenVPN
Björn
Hi:

I use SCM and ProjectMonitoring on the same C/S server, and yes Project Monitoring is way too slow even on local network, so via internet is obviosly slower. It's not the server, the problem is the Project Monitoring program.

It's a great tool, I used to save the tasks for my programmers to do. But I stopped using it because it is too slow. Just to enter and see the first page take ages.

PCSoft should look at this issue.

Best Regards

Andres Sanchez
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.