Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD11 messed up? Stubborn errors!

Posted by Ola 
Ola
WD11 messed up? Stubborn errors!
April 07, 2009 07:14PM
I have stubborn errors in one of my WD11 apps. I generated a couple of table-windows with RAD using procedural + (for the first time) SQL. Obviously the model file has some errors in the SQL code, because they were repeated in the generated windows. No worries: I repaired the errors in the generated windows. Definitely I did! But the error messages won't disappear!

One error is a call to a SQL query. The code cannot find it, but it does exist. It is a separate query and has been generated together with a window. The query name was generated kind of two times, so it looked like "Query_Select_Query_Select_FILENAME". I changed it to be the same as the real name of the query "Query_Select_FILENAME", without any effect to the error message.

Another one is reference to a missing variable. I added the variable, but the error still remains. These errors exist in several places.

I wonder, what's up. Has anybody else experienced similar behaviour? How can I get rid of the error messages?

Ola

Problem solved.

I made the same kind of window two times with different names in order to test some features. The first was based on a file. When it was generated, also a query for it was generated. When I made the next window, I selected the previously made query as the source. And this must have lead to the problems.

I deleted both the new windows and the query, and then WD also "tilted". I re-opened it, made again a new window, based on the file. Now the errors were gone.

Ola
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.