Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error on table links - HFCS

Posted by Arie 
Arie
Error on table links - HFCS
March 18, 2009 01:47PM
Hi,
I created a link between 2 tables in the analysis together with some more changes.
I have several databases installed on my developer machine (every customer)
After auto-modification of my database, WD-modfic created a link between table A of database 1 and table B of ALL other databases. Instead of just a link to table A in database 1.
My software then complains on a false link, whenever I try to update records in table A. In fact that's not wrong. But unwanted of course.

Via HFCS-centre I can see these links. When I try to delete them I;m getting "error deleting link - table B not found"

The only way to delete this link is to delete integrity.fic in all databases! And rebuild the links again with wdmodfic.

Is this a WD bug? Anyone seen this before?

Arie
Stefan Bentvelsen
Re: Error on table links - HFCS
March 19, 2009 11:53AM
Hi Arie,

yes we have the same problem because we use a directory per client in the same database while the links between tables should be only between the tables in one client directory. The only way to correct this (we know) is to copy the files from the HFCS-database to a place locally, then delete the database, create a new database with the same name and create the files in each client directory. While creating these files in the client directories, creates also the correct links. After that you have to copy the files back to the HFCS database. It's not the easiest way to reach your goal, but it works. In may opinion, it is a bug of the auto-modification (via WDMODFIC).
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.