[WD12] modified property not changed
March 17, 2009 01:24PM
Hi,

in the row exit code of my tables I have:

IF MySelf..Modified = True THEN
--do something
MySelf..Modified = False
END

This works if a text or date or number field is edited.
Then I have some columns with booleans and check controls. When these are changed by editing, the modified property does not flag.
Anyone knows why? (bug?)

Erik

Peter H.
Re: [WD12] modified property not changed
March 17, 2009 02:14PM
Hi Erik,

I have a call outstanding on this issue since WINDEV 8 (!!!). At that point in time I had to code around it (No solution was foreseen in the current version). Apparently it still isn't resolved in version 12, so probably it still isn't resolved in version 14 as well... This is such a basic request though...

I'll see if I can find the 'bug reference' still somewhere in my archives. Since it is a service request from 2004 or so, I'm not sure I still have it. Let me suggest you place a call on this and refer to the fact that this has been identified in version 8 as well as an issue by me.

Regards,

Peter Holemans
Erik Schwarz
March 18, 2009 05:25PM
Hi Peter,

actually I found, that the modified flag is set, but row exit code isn't triggered, when the check box is modified directly.
If I move to a non checkbox column before leaving the row, then all is working.
OK, will report it to PCSoft when I have some time.

thanks anyway

Erik
Peter H.
March 18, 2009 07:48PM
Hi Erik,

Now that you mention it, I'm sure that what I reported was identical to your issue. 'Row Exit' not triggered although the data in the row was changed by toggeling a checkbox (linked to a database field) and the row thus actually has been edited. In my eyes this is clearly a bug, but apparently a tough one for PCS to overcome ;-)

Cheers,

Peter Holemans
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.