Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD12: How to logoff from user groupware?

Posted by Toddy Utomo 
Toddy Utomo
WD12: How to logoff from user groupware?
March 12, 2009 05:02AM
Hi all,

Is there a way to log off from user groupware with out closing the application?

I am using hf classic, include user groupware in analysis and generate several database.
From the application, user can select database and must login (gpwlogin) for every database.

The problem occurs when user select another database, gpwUserFiles still access
from the previous database

I already try to close all gpwfiles, hchangeconnection, hchangedir, the problem exist

TIA
Toddy

Jeff Graham
Re: WD12: How to logoff from user groupware?
March 12, 2009 06:24PM
If you configure for Manual user groupware and call gpwOpen to login a user, then you can just call gpwOpen again to login another user.

HTH,
Jeff
Toddy Utomo
March 13, 2009 02:15AM
Hi Jeff

I do manually configure user goupware...
The problem is when user change to another HF database without closing the application, he must re-login base on UserGroupware from the selected database, the application still use the first selected UserGroupware Info to validate....

I put a combo_box in the login windows, the list of users is from the selected database, but when validate the login, gpwLogin still use the previous gpwUser database, the error is "Unknown user" or "Invalid password"

TIA
Regards
Toddy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2009 03:10AM by Toddy Utomo.
Jeff Graham
March 13, 2009 03:16AM
Hi Toddy,

Are you closing and reopening the user groupware as well?

Jeff
Toddy Utomo
March 13, 2009 04:08AM
Hi Jeff

I already try hclose, hcloseAnalysis,hchangeconnection, hchangedir, hopen, hopenAnalysis, ...the problem exist

Is there another function to logoff/ unload the usergroupware from memory,
without close the application, and load a new usergroupware?

I make a payroll system to a group of company, each company have an own database,
At start of the application, user select the database, login, ....it is ok (first time), but when the user open another database without close/exit the current application problem at login to the new selected database...

Note: I include gpwfiles in the analysis, so the gpwfiles created in same direcory application data.

Thanks

Toddy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2009 04:20AM by Toddy Utomo.
Arie
March 13, 2009 08:59AM
There's also gpwOpenConnection(). But a gpwClosedConnection is missing, indeed. Maybe you can call gpwOpenConnection again? Never tried...

Afaik GPW is designed to be handle all your apps from one point.
There's is an "application" field in some of the gpw-files.
So, maybe it's not possible at all. I wouls ask pcsoft.

Arie
Paulo Oliveira
March 13, 2009 10:56AM
For classic HF you must use GPWOPEN for HF/CS you must use GPWOPENCONNECTION
You can always use EXERUN to rerun your app and ENDPROGRAM to stop the previous instance.

I didn't test we always use the same DB.
Toddy Utomo
March 13, 2009 11:14AM
Hi Paulo

What I want to archive is like "standard software package in the market"
Where from the current application, user with supervisor right can create new database instance, and for another user with the lower right can select the database that have been created.
Like Arie said, GPW is designed to be handle an apps from one point start up.
I will try to use Exerun to open the apps in a new instance

Thanks
Toddy

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.