Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD12 IDE under VISTA 32 Business

Posted by Michael Drechsel 
Michael Drechsel
WD12 IDE under VISTA 32 Business
March 08, 2009 06:06PM
Hi,

Since I have updated my Laptop from XP to VISTA :mad: I have strange visual Errors using the IDE. Some Windows are not full diplayed (I only see one of the buttons and so on).

Has anybody the same behavior ???
KenKnight
Re: WD12 IDE under VISTA 32 Business
March 09, 2009 02:24AM
Hi Michael,

Couple of things come to mind, first of which is the driver for your adapter. Make sure that you have the latest drivers from the manufacture of your adapter. Also you can try turning off or lowering the hardware acceleration on the adapter. In vista this is done by going into the control panel, click on "Appearance & Personalization", then click Personalize, then Advanced. There should be a troubleshoot tab and you may be able to adjust the acceleration there. There is also a possibility that you can't adjust the acceleration.

HTH.

Cheers!
Ken
Jimbo
March 09, 2009 08:05AM
Michael Drechsel
Hi,

Since I have updated my Laptop from XP to VISTA :mad: I have strange visual Errors using the IDE. Some Windows are not full diplayed (I only see one of the buttons and so on).

Has anybody the same behavior ???

regards Michael
---------------------
[www.miditas.de]

Hi Michael,

we have a couple of computers, including two FSC-Laptops, running Windows Vista Business (32 + 64-bit) plus one with Windows 7 (32-bit) and virtually none of them shows any funnies in the WD-IDE-Windows.

I'd think about the driver for the graphics card first and tweak the graphics card settings later on.

Kind regards,
Guenter

Michael Drechsel
March 09, 2009 08:47AM
Hi,

I use a DELL E6500 with the DELL-Certified-Nvidia driver.

In over 15 years of computer business I learned:
The latest (graphic) driver is not always the best ...but I give the original nvidia driver a chance :-)

thx @all
DarrenF
March 09, 2009 04:02PM
I too would suggest the graphics driver - Although I've not had a problem with WD and Vista business, the graphics card (and drivers) did pose a problem when upgrading from XP to Vista on a Media Centre PC I build recently :-)

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.