Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Activex That acts ad Excel

Posted by Aelfassi 
Aelfassi
Activex That acts ad Excel
March 07, 2009 04:38PM
Hi everybody,

I'm wondering if there is a free activex or any other solution to have an Excel like table where I can put formulas and values, extend columns, change fonts and colors and also formatting.

Thank you in advance
Aelfassi
Jimbo
Re: Activex That acts ad Excel
March 07, 2009 05:38PM

OpenOffice? Source available. There is a BASIC-like language for automating it. It's free.
[www.openoffice.org]
Regards,
Guenter
Aelfassi
March 07, 2009 10:05PM
Hi Guenter,

Thanks for your reply, Is it possible to embed it into a windev form?

Aelfassi
Jimbo
March 07, 2009 10:51PM

No, I don't think so. For that you'd have to buy some activex or ocx control from 3rd party. But then, the user interface of the 'excel'-type table wouldn't be 'excel'-type anymore. I don't know your application, it's your decision after all. Regards, Guenter
BLS
March 08, 2009 01:09AM
Hi,
in case that you own MS Office (2000 Premium ???) ... You should have the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet 9.0 ActiveX available.

Export to Excel is possible... a screenshot :

HTH Björn
BLS
March 08, 2009 01:15AM
and a link
[msdn.microsoft.com]

Good luck, Björn
Alexandre Leclerc
March 09, 2009 02:59PM
Hi all,

I far as I know OpenOffice 3.0 comes with an activex located in
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\Basis\program\so_activex.dll

You must register it with regsvr32. Then you should be able to see an activex named "SOActiveX Class" in the drop-down menu of WinDev in the ActiveX description window.

Now, will this do the job? I don't know. I never had to use it.

Best regard.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.