Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Storing Russian text in Hyperfile

Posted by Albert Buitenhuis 
Albert Buitenhuis
Storing Russian text in Hyperfile
March 06, 2009 10:39AM
Hi all there,

Windev and Webdev are excellent in handling multilanguage data, but now I have a question. We're implementing a new webshop in Dutch, French, Dutch, English and Russian. The first 4 languages are 'cookie'. But Russian is different.

Handling Russian characters in GUI is easy. Just change the charset and copy/ paste Russian text. But storing Russian text in Hyperfile is different. I'm getting the text in Excel.
I experimented something with AnsiToUnicode() and vice versa, but it doesn't work. Even copying Russian text from an Unicode txt file in WDMap does not work. In first instance the Russian Characters are displayed, but after leaving the record all characters are transformed in ?????????. Well, I wonder too!

No Russian Text to experiment? Use the following characters. Whether I know what it means? Njet.... But any help would be very welcome!

Подставка без ведер
DerekT
Re: Storing Russian text in Hyperfile
March 06, 2009 12:47PM
Albert

You will need to set the String sub type to Unicode in the datafile editor to be able to store cyrillic (Russian) characters.

Regards

DerekT
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
Re: Storing Russian text in Hyperfile
March 06, 2009 03:18PM
Hello Albert

Did you set the fields of the file to be in unicode mode? If not, this
setting is available in the field description: Choose string, and in the
subtype, select unicode or unicode text memo

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting and video courses

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

Albert Buitenhuis wrote:
> Hi all there,
> Windev and Webdev are excellent in handling multilanguage data, but now I have a question. We're implementing a new webshop in Dutch, French, Dutch, English and Russian. The first 4 languages are 'cookie'. But Russian is different.
> Handling Russian characters in GUI is easy. Just change the charset and copy/ paste Russian text. But storing Russian text in Hyperfile is different. I'm getting the text in Excel.
> I experimented something with AnsiToUnicode() and vice versa, but it doesn't work. Even copying Russian text from an Unicode txt file in WDMap does not work. In first instance the Russian Characters are displayed, but after leaving the record all characters are transformed in ?????????. Well, I wonder too!
> No Russian Text to experiment? Use the following characters. Whether I know what it means? Njet.... But any help would be very welcome!
> Подставка без ведер
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.