Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD12] Value from related file in a table control

Posted by DarrenF 
DarrenF
[WD12] Value from related file in a table control
March 06, 2009 12:46AM
Hi,

This could be a simple answer, but I can't for the life of me find out how to do it - here goes:

I have a Product file and a related Category file. I'm listing the product info. in a Table control (nothing too fancy there), except the value that relates across to the Category file is numeric (foreign key), but I want to display the Description of the Category file and not the numeric value held on the Product file - how is this done?

I've managed to get the Table control to display the Category Description by changing the Category column to type Combo box but it looks strange having a combo box as the table is read only. If I set the Category column back to type Text, I can't link across to the Category table and the Content tab is disabled.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible without using a Combo box?

I hope you understand my problem... thanks in advance...
Piet van Zanten
Re: [WD12] Value from related file in a table control
March 06, 2009 01:24AM
Hi Darren,

You can disable the arrow button on the combo by checking display "no button" on the details tab of the column. Another option is the multifile option on the link tab. Choose the option multifile, click the double arrow and choose the file, the key and the displayed item from the linked file.

Regards,
Piet
Hi Piet,

Ah, yes... I'm not at my PC at the moment - but I can visualise it :-)

I'll try that later :spos:
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.