Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Create a dynamic memory table

Posted by emirhan 
emirhan
Create a dynamic memory table
March 03, 2009 01:55PM
hi all,

I want to read an excell or text file and import the file to a table. But I don't know how many colums are there in the file, so I need to create a dynamic table. and the table's colum number must change according to file colum number. How can I create a table dynamicly?
Louis Verbraak
Re: Create a dynamic memory table
March 03, 2009 02:17PM
Hello Emirhan,

See BuildBrowsingTable.

HTH.
emirhan
March 04, 2009 08:35AM

I wanto import a text file to a table, I used that code
BuildBrowsingTable(TABLE_Table1,???, taFillTable)

But the second parameter must be an object. How can I use my text file instead of question marks in the function. When I load my text file to a string and write the name of the string instead of question marks like that, it give an error.

str is string
str = fLoadText("C:\Users\AKEAD_3\Desktop\test.txt")
BuildBrowsingTable(TABLE_Table1,"str ", taFillTable)

and also how can I initialize number of colum in the table accorgin to text file content?
Piet van Zanten
March 04, 2009 10:38AM
Hi Emirhan,

You need to remove the quotes around str.
I don't know if BuildBrowsingTable wordks with textfiles (never tried) but if it does I presume the textfile needs to be formatted properly (tab delimited)

Regards,
Piet
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.