Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Application multi-company

Posted by Mike Bernard 
Mike Bernard
Application multi-company
February 28, 2009 11:11PM
Hello;

I need create an Application multi-company, someone knows if there is any example of the Windev or tell me what is the best methodology adopted in this case.

Thank you so much
KenKnight
Re: Application multi-company
March 01, 2009 02:54AM
Hi Mike,

If I'm understanding your question correctly, there are a couple of ways you can do it. Which one you choose will depend greatly on the type of reporting you wish to achieve.

1) All companies data are stored in a single set of tables. Separating the data is done through something like a CompanyID. So as an example to see invoices for a given date range you would also need to pass the CompanyID. If you wanted to see sales for ALL companies, you would simply set the CompanyID to null.

2) Each company has its own set of tables, in most cases stored in different directories. To switch companies you simply close the files, switch paths by using the HChangeDir and then reopen the tables. This method presents challenges when trying to do reporting across all databases.

HTH,

Cheers!
Ken
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.