Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Setup Program

Posted by Antonino.pcs.crosspost 
Antonino.pcs.crosspost
Setup Program
February 27, 2009 01:16PM
Hello everyone!

I need to realize an application where the setup program doesn't have the "Powered by WinDev" logo (my client wants is own logo instead). If I use the "Create the setup procedure of the executable" feature there is no way to do that!

Is there any way to achive this goal?

How come it isn't possible to create applications that doesn't need to create dll files everytime they are launched?

Best Regards
Antonino

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Jimbo
Re: Setup Program
February 27, 2009 01:53PM

Hi Antonio,

two ways:

1 - use another installer

2 - take 1 day of your work and change the project WDSETUP which is contained in all French versions. There you can translate to your local languange and you can cahnge the logo as well.

Regards,
Guenter
Paulo Oliveira
February 27, 2009 03:43PM
regarding the dll problem, when you generate the executable don't include the framework in the executable.
In this case the dll's are copied when you install the app instead of everytime the app runs.

Jimbo
February 27, 2009 04:17PM
Hi Paulo, is it really true? Faster start of program? If so, then that's a great suggestion!
Thanks, Guenter
TheDuke
February 28, 2009 10:16AM
Another advantage is that when you uninstall the product, all the dlls and the program directory will be swaped.
I always not include the framework in the executable
Antonino.pcs.crosspost
March 02, 2009 11:26AM
Hello guys!

Is there any possible solution for this?

Thanks!

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.