Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Automatic Tests - First Use Problems

Posted by Jeff Graham 
Jeff Graham
Automatic Tests - First Use Problems
February 17, 2009 01:23AM
Hi All,

I am embarrassed to say that I have never used Automatic Tests and just ignore the nagging when I create setups. However, my project is getting complex enough to need Automatic tests to help avoid breaking something inadvertently.

I am using MDI and I tried several times to create a sequence of basic tests from the Automatic Test menu. However, I always end up with many tests marked as under construction and then I manually run the tests and then they show as not run.

How do I get them included in the test scenario? I find the help very sparse. Does anyone have suggestions or pointers?

Thanks,
Jeff
Alexandre Leclerc
Re: Automatic Tests - First Use Problems
February 17, 2009 03:01PM
Hi Jeff,

When you are in the test screen (i.e. you have the Code of the test, and if you do Ctrl+Alt+F2 you have the "test screen"... anyway...) when you are there, you can launch the test, etc.

In that screen there is a big picture in the result tab saying the status. Notice there is a "link" saying "Click here to make the test available". When you click, the test goes live. Then, if you run the test, it will be taken into account.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.