Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alt & F4 and Ctrl F4

Posted by Paul Ziegler 
Paul Ziegler
Alt & F4 and Ctrl F4
February 14, 2009 06:21PM
I just wanted to confirm a couple of things and ask a couple of questions.

Alt & F4 will quit an application. I have a MDI Child window open and have a Alt & F4 shortcut linked to a button. When the key combo is used it does not activate the button but it quits the program. However, if I have a Free Window open the combo closes the window, does not quit the app and does not run code of a button with a Alt & F4 shortcut.

Ctrl & F4 will close a MDI window and if I have it linked to a button it will run the code. However Ctrl & F4 will not automatically close a Free Window.

What are the default rules on Alt & F4 and Ctrl & F4?
I do not want the user to be able to do a Alt & F4 and quit the program because I need to run code before the program quits.

Any input would be appreciated.

Paul Ziegler
Paul Ziegler
Re: Alt & F4 and Ctrl F4
February 14, 2009 06:41PM
I have now found that the Alt & F4 can be a shortcut on the MDI Parent window and when a MDI Child window is open the Alt & F4 will trigger the button on MDI Parent window.

Paul Ziegler
Louis Verbraak
Re: Alt & F4 and Ctrl F4
February 14, 2009 06:41PM
Hello Paul,

When you place a button on a childform and give this the shortcut Alt+F4, this button will be triggerid when the user press Ctrl+F4! On the MDI window you can use a Cancel-button, which will be triggered when the user press Alt+F4.

HTH.

The shortcuts were lost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2009 07:12PM by Louis Verbraak.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.