Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to change WD Login name and password ?

Posted by BLS 
BLS
How to change WD Login name and password ?
February 13, 2009 11:52AM
Erm ,
How do I change my WD11 / 12 Login name and/or password.

( I need it in order to access a remote SCM via VPN )

ashamed, Bjoern
David Martin
Re: How to change WD Login name and password ?
February 13, 2009 02:12PM
Tools menu -->> WinDev options -->> User Tab

Make sure the option "Request Password on Startup is checked.
BLS
February 13, 2009 03:36PM
Thanks.

Now, how to create a lower case username ?
Or does the SCM don't care about f.I. BJOERN or bjoern

Bjoern
Alexandre Leclerc
February 13, 2009 05:27PM
Hi Bjoern,

If my memory is right, it does care about mixed case login - but in practice, everywhere it forces Uppercase.

Because I don't like uppercase, I simply modified the login screen to use any-case, then I force Uppercase() after for the actual login name validation.

Best Regards.
BLS
February 13, 2009 05:47PM
Alexandre Leclerc
Hi Bjoern,

If my memory is right, it does care about mixed case login - but in practice, everywhere it forces Uppercase.

Because I don't like uppercase, I simply modified the login screen to use any-case, then I force Uppercase() after for the actual login name validation.

Best Regards.

Thanks and sorry for my ignorance. How do you modify the WD login screen ?

Bjoern
regarding uppercase login-names, I don't like them too.
Alexandre Leclerc
February 13, 2009 06:26PM
Hi Bjoern,

In the screen where you click to include the groupware, you must select the "Personalisable integration" in the integration mode part.

Then all the groupware screens will be added to your project. Then you simply modify the screen just as you want them, even changing the behaviour if desired. (This I do all the time to have the whole thing working and looking as I want.)

I hope I was clear.

Best regards.
BLS
February 13, 2009 07:14PM
Hi Alexandre,
I am afraid my request was a bit fuzzy.

I am not talking about Groupware. I am talking about the Source Code Management - SCM.
F.I.
I am using a remote SCM which uses HF/CS and I access this SCM database by using VPN tunneling.
In order to enable me to access the SCM my Australien collegues have to add me as user.

Means Start HF ControlCenter, add :
user - bjoern ........................ Lowercase !!
password - hakitoergosum

Now, it seems to be impossible to enter a lowercase user-name in the WINDEV login screen.
Also Menu SCM / Open SCM project does not allow you to change the username..

Probably HF/CS don't care about Lower-Upper- Mixed case username? dunno.
Is there a way to login with a lower case username ??

Kind regards,
Björn

Alexandre Leclerc
February 13, 2009 07:58PM
Hi again Björn,

Arg! It's me who is not reading correctly! I did not see the SCM mention - and most confusing it's called GDS in french, so I just didn't get it.

I'm afraid that only uppercase is allowed. I also got a bug in WD 11... I don't know if it's fixed, but you must have a login under 8 caracters, even if in some screens it allows more. I don't know if it would be the same for the password.

I hope it'll work for you with uppercase (even if it's ugly ;-)). Sorry for my mistake.

Regards.
BLS
February 13, 2009 08:03PM
NOOOO problem.
I am using the french version too, and it takes a while until I've figured out what SCM means...

Thanks, Bjoern
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.