Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sending Printer files to the Printer using WD Mobile

Posted by Mitchell 
Mitchell
Sending Printer files to the Printer using WD Mobile
February 10, 2009 12:50PM
Dear coders,
how to send a printer files to the printer? I have a list of files called "items.prn", "customers.prn" , etc...., and I want to send this file directly to the printer? how to do this in Windev Mobile ?

Help please.

thanks.
Fabrice Harari
Re: Sending Printer files to the Printer using WD Mobile
February 10, 2009 02:17PM
Hi Mitchell...

I haven't tried in mobile, but in windev you would do that by directly sending the file to the printer port (via the sxxx functions for serial/parallel port management) OR by copying the file (fcopyfile) if the printer is working in network mode (as if the printer was a hard drive)

I would start by trying those in mobile too, depending of where and how the printer is connected

best regards

Hi Fabrice,
thanks for the info, additionally the Printer that I am talking about is a BLUETOOTH PRINTER, does QBEX functions will do ?

I want to send a file (printer file - "test.prn" ) using a handheld with bluetooth, and i want to send it to the bluetooth printer?

any situation same like this?

share please.

thanks
Fabrice Harari
Re: Sending Printer files to the Printer using WD Mobile
February 10, 2009 04:01PM
Hi again...

sorry, as I told you, I never tried that in a wmobile case, so I have no answer for the bluetooth part... it will need some testing :-(

Best regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.