Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Query to write Date/Time not working

Posted by Glenn Rathke 
Glenn Rathke
Query to write Date/Time not working
February 03, 2009 06:10PM
Hi,

I've got a query that uses native access to MySQL. One of the fields is defined as a datetime field in the database and of course as a Date in the Analysis.

The problem is how to supply the value to the parameter of the query to execute. I've tried

QRY_Queue_Put.Param_Last_Run_Time =DateSys() + TimeSys() hExecuteQuery(QRY_Queue_Put)
which returns an error:

Incorrect datetime value: '20090203105444860' for column 'Last_Run_Time' at row 1

How do you supply a date time value to a parameter of a query that does an update.

Thanks
Glenn Rathke
Peter Holemans
Re: Query to write Date/Time not working
February 03, 2009 11:39PM
Hi Glenn,

Did you subtype the date field in the WD analysis to the correct DateTime type?

Cheers,
christoph
February 04, 2009 10:40AM
Hi Glenn,

you can use datetostring(date,"YYYY-MM-DD") + timetostring(time,"HH:MMconfused smileyS:CC") to format this for MySQL ( not tested only idea ).

Christoph
Piet van Zanten
February 04, 2009 11:53AM
Hi Glenn,

Look at [forum.mysnip.de]

Regards,
Piet
Paulo Oliveira
February 04, 2009 06:01PM
Y don't know how it works with MYSQL but with SQLSERVER with native access the way to handle date fields in the analysis is diferent for HQUERYDEFAULT or HQUERYWITHOUTCORRECTION parameter.

If you use HQUERYDEFAULT you only put QRY_Queue_Put.Param_Last_Run_Time = datesys() and the native access convert to the rigth format.

If oyu use HQUERYWITHOUTCORRECTION you have to respect the DB format, for SQLSERVER you must use CONVERT / CAST to change the format for MYSQL i'm not sure but i think that it's the same.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.