Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD12] Change password

Posted by Louis Verbraak 
Louis Verbraak
[WD12] Change password
February 02, 2009 04:15PM
Hello to you all,

Can anybody tell me if there is a way to change the password of my files, without changing the analysis. I've created my files without using a password but before I will install my application I want to set a password to the files. I found the following in the help:

'Note: The modification of a data file password can only be done in interactive mode.'

But I can't find how this can be done.

Any help appreciated.
DerekT
Re: [WD12] Change password
February 02, 2009 07:11PM
Louis

Something that (amongst others) has always been missing from HF Control Centre.

AFAIK the only way to add/change or remove password protection is to make a change to one of the data files and accept the offer to update the password during the regeneration.

I guess that is what they mean by interactive.

Not really of any help.

Regards

DerekT
Louis Verbraak
February 02, 2009 07:43PM
Hello DerekT,

I guess that is what they mean by interactive.

Not really of any help.

Thanks anyway.
Fabrice Harari
February 02, 2009 09:09PM
Hi Louis...

I do not thing there is an already made utility to do so, but you should be able to do it by code quite easily:
- For each to process, use halias to declare a second file in another directory and assign the new password to it
- then loop/read on the original file and write the record in the new one

Once it's done for all files, delete the old ones, change the password in your main program, and you are done

best regards

Louis Verbraak
February 02, 2009 10:57PM
Hello Fabrice,

Thanks for your thoughts, but I think I make the change in the analysis.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.