Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trigger when filelink is changed

Posted by Kees de Kraker.pcs.crosspost 
Kees de Kraker.pcs.crosspost
Trigger when filelink is changed
January 30, 2009 11:23AM
Hello,

Is there a possibility to check when the value of a control (by example an edit field) is changing, because the filelink changes?

My problem is that I have 2 fields: field 1 is coupled with a filelink to the database, field 2 shows related information, and must be changed when the value of field 1 changes.

When field 1 is changed by keyboard you get the "Whenever Modified of .." event. Is there a same solution when the value is changed by the filelink?

Thank you all!

Regards,

Kees

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
Re: Trigger when filelink is changed
January 30, 2009 12:55PM
Hi Kees...

If I understand correctly your question, you can 'link' the second field
too, only in that case, it's going to be a 'multifile' link (option at
the top of the link pane)...

Once you selected the multifile option, choose in the first column the
key used for the link in the first file, then select the second, file,
the corresponding key, and finally the field to display

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

Kees de Kraker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a possibility to check when the value of a control (by example an edit field) is changing, because the filelink changes?
>
> My problem is that I have 2 fields: field 1 is coupled with a filelink to the database, field 2 shows related information, and must be changed when the value of field 1 changes.
>
> When field 1 is changed by keyboard you get the "Whenever Modified of .." event. Is there a same solution when the value is changed by the filelink?
>
> Thank you all!
>
> Regards,
>
> Kees
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Jaime Fernandez
January 30, 2009 01:53PM
Hi Kees,
I have another read about your question and If this feature exists it's an amazing one.
I'm not sure, I'm don't know all features, but I think that is not an existing feature.

I think you are asking about some kind of subscription to the field that refresh the value of your control in the page/windows, whenever the value of the field changes on the table( by another user or process), Is this right?

I think it's possible to do it but it's necessary to use a timer, because the values of the controls can't not be updating every time!
PDconfused smileyorry if I misunderstood you and Fabrice
Regards

Malc
January 30, 2009 03:53PM
Hi Kees

Sounds like what you want is the equivalent of the Access & Assign events available in classes and templates to be available in controls.

I would speculate that when you get your hands on v14, the ability to bind to an intermediate class which in turn binds to the data will give you the control you desire

Cheers

Malc
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.