Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

(WB 12 Eng) How is it possible II(HF C/S)?

Posted by Jaime Fernandez 
Jaime Fernandez
(WB 12 Eng) How is it possible II(HF C/S)?
January 28, 2009 10:21AM
HI,
I have another strange behaviour:
PAGE_1

Table1
linked to query QRY_TABLE(Select KEY, Description from file1)

Combo1
linked to query QRY_COMBO(Select KEY from file1)

PAGE_2

Table2
linked to query QRY_TABLE_2(Select KEY, Description from file1)

In both Pages I have code to modify the KEY and the Description of file1.

file1
KEY:AAA
Description: Description1

Scenario1: (works OK)
Go to Page_1->I can see the table with AAA | Description1
Then I change KEY to AAB
Go to PAGE_2->->I can see the table with AAB | Description1
Stop Application

Scenario2: (works Wrong)
Go to Page_1->I can see the table with AAB | Description1
Go to Page_2->I can see the table with AAB | Description1
Then I change KEY to AAC
Go to Page_1->I can see the table with AAB | Description1
In linked edit controls (filetopage) I can see AAC, Description1
In Combo I can see AAC
Stop Application

I thought that it was related with KEY values, but it's the same if I modify Description, so there is a cache, the question: Why is it not regenerating? and What can I do?

Regards

Fabrice Harari
Re: (WB 12 Eng) How is it possible II(HF C/S)?
January 28, 2009 11:49AM
Hi Friedman...

You are modifying the content of the FILE not of the queries which have already loaded the data in memory and will not update themselves all the time...

So you have to reexecute your query to have it refreshed

On another subject:
- there is no need to duplicate by hand your post on pcsoft forum, as it is synchronized to the mysnip one automatically
- If you do not get any answer to one of your post, it is most of the time because nobody understood the question, and the best thing to do is to rephrase it, give another example, etc.... You have to remember that a problem may be clear for you, but that WE will see ONLY what you post here, and that gives us sometime a VERY partial view of your problem

Best regard

Jaime Fernandez
January 28, 2009 01:45PM
Hi Fabrice,
jeje, be sure that after 15 years developing applications I know the difference between tables & queries!
This is not a question about files & queries, if you can understand the scenarios, you can see that in the first load of the page the table is executing the query automatically but in the second load it is not executed automatically, because my lack of knowledge about page loads mechanism I was assuming that the query would be reexecuted when the page loads again(not all the time only when page reloads winking smiley)...I have figured out this, thank you.

On another subject:
1. The sincronization is pcsoft -> mysnip, not vice versa.
2. smiling smiley, I'm going with you, I'm trying to do best I can, but english is not my native language. About the duplicated post, Is it unintelligible? It is very important to me figured out this issue.

I appreciate very much your help, thank you.
Regards
Fabrice Harari
January 28, 2009 08:36PM
Hi Friedman...

I must say that I'm at a loss...

If you knew the answer, why did you ask? And if you didn't, why are you telling me that I shouldn't answer you about it?

About the other questions:

1. Not it's not.. In fact, the original syncro was done only in the Mysnip (or parsimony at the time) -> Pcsoft direction, and then they added the second one... And if you do not believe me, check pcsoft forum and see your TWO posts there

2. English is not my first language either, so that's not a problem, and, AGAIN, if nobody answered you, it's probably that nobody understood the question... In fact, when I read your post I wondered WHAT WAS the question...

Best regards

Jaime Fernandez
January 29, 2009 12:01AM
jeje smiling smiley.
First, sorry if I wrote something that made you think about shouldn't answer my question. If I ask be sure I don't know the answer, but between posts I work too [[5]] (and very hard) and sometimes I can find the answer alone, if it is the case I update the post, sooner or later. I just trying to explain that there was not an issue about tables and queries. And sorry again if I expressed badly.

Other questions:
1. Yes, you are absolute right, I was mistaken because I only saw pcsoft.us.webdev forum not pcsoft.us.windev.
2. Jeje, thank you very much, again, I shall try to requery, hoping to make it better.

Regards
Jaime Fernandez
January 29, 2009 12:10PM
Hi,
I thought this issue was related with sincronization & context, but now I not sure.
I will try explain why:
I go from one page (PAGE_1) to another (PAGE_2) using Action of the option menu Display PAGE_X.
Table1 of PAGE_1 displays the values automatically then I go to PAGE_2 and I modify the values that has been displayed in Table1 of PAGE_1, then when I go to PAGE_1 again I can see the old values. In other post I wrote that the values of Table1 were stored in a cache. smiling smiley, after Tutorial reading I thought that this values are in the context.

To solve the problem(I thought ), there are two ways:
1. A specific Table1 requery. Where? In Page Initialization event. This is working OK.
2. Destroying the context. In the Tutorial I have read that the context is deleted automatically when closing the Page, but I can't find a function to do this(page close), only ContextClose. Then I have tried to ContextClose(PAGE_1) in the initialization event PAGE_2. When I have tried the flow PAGE_1->PAGE_2->PAGE_1, I can't see the new values.

So, some questions:
Where that values(of the query table1) are stored?(browser? I had read about browser page cache but now I don't know where)

Why if i destroy the context of PAGE_1, when redisplays it the values are are the same as first load/display?

Regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2009 12:40PM by Friedman.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.