Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Setup procedure of the executable

Posted by Joris.pcs.crosspost 
Joris.pcs.crosspost
Setup procedure of the executable
January 23, 2009 03:32PM
Is there any possibility to use another language then English or French, when our application software is installed onto a clients computer. Now, our clients have only the possibility to chose between English and French when installing our software, altough it's not their native language. I do not find the option where I could chose another language or edit the texts to create another language setup.

Can someone help us?

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
Re: Setup procedure of the executable
January 23, 2009 04:52PM
Hi Joris...

The source project of the installeur is available in the example
(wdsetup)... as with any windev project, you can add languages that you
need, recompile, and replace the original installer exe with yours

best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

Joris wrote:
> Is there any possibility to use another language then English or French, when our application software is installed onto a clients computer. Now, our clients have only the possibility to chose between English and French when installing our software, altough it's not their native language. I do not find the option where I could chose another language or edit the texts to create another language setup.
>
> Can someone help us?
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Jimbo
Re: Setup procedure of the executable
January 23, 2009 05:07PM
Hi Joris, the WDSETUP project / source is now included in the English version of WinDev too. You just have to invest about two days of work in order to add any other language to the project or just change the English text to the desired one. After making the executable, wdsetup.exe has to be copied to the WinDev directory where you can find the current wdsetup.exe. Kind regards, Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.