Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print REPORT directly

Posted by Javier.pcs.crosspost 
Javier.pcs.crosspost
Print REPORT directly
January 21, 2009 01:42PM
Good morning.

When you generate a Report from a data table with the option Print-> Print directly from the context menu of the table, this Report is generated; Can I save for reuse later?. Or, play the same behavior by programming (which is generated by the Report columns that are automatically displayed in the table with the sort order is selected).
What we want is to generate and store a report from a different table settings, that is, in some cases hide and show certain columns, or in some cases, establish a column as sorting criteria, in other cases other. I wish I could save and reuse these reports and not having to remember the different views that I needed.

Thank you

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
Re: Print REPORT directly
January 21, 2009 02:30PM
Hello Javier...

If I understand correctly, you are talking about a report generated by
the application automatic functions (ie user clicks right on a table and
choose to print)... If that is correct, then the answer is no, as far as
I know... The report cannot be saved...

But nothing prevents you to save the table configuration by code when
you want to and reset the table configuration (hide columns, display
columns...) THEN let the user print it...

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting and Video Courses

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

Javier wrote:
> Good morning.
>
> When you generate a Report from a data table with the option Print-> Print directly from the context menu of the table, this Report is generated; Can I save for reuse later?. Or, play the same behavior by programming (which is generated by the Report columns that are automatically displayed in the table with the sort order is selected).
> What we want is to generate and store a report from a different table settings, that is, in some cases hide and show certain columns, or in some cases, establish a column as sorting criteria, in other cases other. I wish I could save and reuse these reports and not having to remember the different views that I needed.
>
> Thank you
>
Javier.pcs.crosspost
Re: Print REPORT directly
January 23, 2009 08:46AM
Thanks Fabrice, that's my plan B, but I wanted to know whether there was any function or method to do this, because as you can do with WinDev "almost all" seemed to me that something as simple as saving a file with another name was possible.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.