Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD12] Access to Active Directory

Posted by Erik Schwarz 
Erik Schwarz
[WD12] Access to Active Directory
January 19, 2009 03:02PM
Hi,

does anybody know, how to get the information stored in the 'Active directory' in a Windows environment ?

Need to know for example the email address for the current user which is stored there.

Thanks

Erik
Peter Holemans
Re: [WD12] Access to Active Directory
January 19, 2009 03:52PM
Hi Erik,

I believe there are standard LDAPxxx functions in WD. Since AD is an LDAP this should allow you to gain access.

Cheers,
Erik Schwarz
January 19, 2009 04:32PM
Hi Peter,

this seems to be the way to go, thank you

Erik
KenKnight
January 21, 2009 04:16AM
Hi all,

I truly wish you luck using the LDAP connection in Windev to manage AD. I haven't tested the WD12 ldap but with WB11 I ended up creating a class in WB that calls supplemental vbscripts to manage AD. Requesting info from AD with windev is no problem, however, when you start to set values such as passwords, expect issues.

So essentially creating a generic VB script handler that I pass various commands and parameters in to.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!
Ken
Erik Schwarz
January 21, 2009 09:22AM
Hi Ken,

thank you for the hints. The only thing I need to do is to verify user and password with Windev. If I understand you right, that seems to be no problem. Nevertheless I always do some test programs to check what will do and what won't do, before I promise it to my customer.

chiao

Erik
KenKnight
January 21, 2009 06:00PM
Hi Erik,

If I remember correctly I couldn't touch the password at all. I could query values like name, email, phone number, but the password was off limits through a plain LDAP connection. This was the main reason I had to switch to the generic script. I need to create / delete / modify Active Directory User accounts.

Cheers!
ken

PS. Again, this may now be possible in WD12 / 14
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.