Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SOAP question

Posted by Joris 
Joris
SOAP question
January 15, 2009 03:03PM
Hi there,

I am having troubles with importing a soap service.
The service exists of 2 modules. A login module and the main module.
I have already imported the login module. it works.
To import the main module, i have to be logged in using the login module.
But i can't import the main module wsdl file. There is almost no content in it and windev says the file cannot be imported.
The documentation of the service sais that the soap client must support sessions (cookies) and SSL to use HTTPS.
I have checked my settings in internet explorer anf they seem ok.
So is this a Windev problem or is it related to some other setting of my computer?

Thanks for helping.

Joris
BLS
Re: SOAP question
January 16, 2009 12:06AM
HI Joris,
forget about importing WSDL files and doing the automatic - generate procedures or class feature.

This feature did not work ( except in very simple cases) since it was introduced in WINDEV.
(I guess since 7.0, 7.5)
I've no idea about how many bug reports I was filling regarding this topic. However .
Instead of SoapRun you better use SoapRunXML. We have to learn it the very hard way just now in a current project.

HTTPS is not a problem! See snippet...

I wish I could place a snippet for you HERE but MySnip is not able to show such kind of sources.
Ping Jimbo san:

However, here a quick and dirty example [codepad.org]

HTH Bjoern
In this case feedback would be nice
Joris
Re: SOAP question
January 16, 2009 01:25PM
Hi Bjoern,

Thank you for your response.
I have already imported a few soap-services without a problem. It where quite simple services indeed.

I will give it a try. I have also contacted the web service support team. Maybe there will come an answer.

I will let you know my results. I continue to work on it by tuesday.

Thanks a lot,

Joris.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.