Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Currency Defined by Project

Posted by Paul Ziegler 
Paul Ziegler
Currency Defined by Project
January 05, 2009 07:05PM
I select Currency Defined by Project for a an Edit Control.The Project is set to use the system default. My understanding is that this will look at the System setting and use the default format. My system setting format is basically $9,999.99. My Edit Control displays 75.00. There is no $ sign in front of it.
Any help is appreciated.

When I input my own mask $9,999.99. It works fine.

On a side note: does it make any difference whether I type the file item as numeric or currency in the Anaylsis. I have tried both and there has been no difference in the result.

Thanks,

Paul
Milton
Re: Currency Defined by Project
January 05, 2009 11:58PM
Hi Paul,

When you are in your Project IDE if you right click and, from the pop-up menu, select Project Description. From the Project Description window select the Languages Option and highlight the default Language you are using.

When you do this you will see radio buttons for Numeric, Currency etc. Select Currency and then you have the options of selecting "Use the settings defined in Windows" or "Use the settings defined below" and you can set your default style here.

HTH

Milton
Paul Ziegler
Re: Currency Defined by Project
January 06, 2009 12:49AM
Milton,

Thanks for the reply. I was doing this, but the $ will not show in the Edit Control. All others settings work. The examples in the Project Description/Lauguages/Currency show the $.

Thanks,
Paul
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.