Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WebDEV 12 and RAD Search/Find

Posted by Jim 
Jim
WebDEV 12 and RAD Search/Find
December 28, 2008 12:44AM
I used RAD to create my pages, and can not get the search/find to work properly. If I click on the magnifying glass or whatever that icon represents, and type in something, then press enter I get this message:

Unexpected System Error.
If this problem systematically occurs when performing the same operations, send the following elements to our free Technical Support:
- A description of the error circumstances.
- A window, a project or code lines used to replicate the problem.
- The following details:

Détails techniques :

Module : WD120VM.DLL
Version du module : 12.01Cy
VI : 30A120056c
Adresse de base : 25E60000
Erreur système : Access violation (GPF)
EIP = 25E6AB5A

I have created mySQL indexes that match the columns, but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated, and yes, I am just learning this product.
Jim
Re: WebDEV 12 and RAD Search/Find
January 17, 2009 04:01AM
Issue resolved. After 3 weeks of EMails to technical support this issue is listed as: It's a bug and there is no solution. Actually, there is a solution. I went back to Visual Studio 2008/ASP.net. Should have stayed with my roots.
Al
Re: WebDEV 12 and RAD Search/Find
January 17, 2009 04:56AM
Hello Jim

It is easy to get discouraged at the outset when learning a new language, but Windev is worth the effort and the forum members will try and help you as best we can.

Rather than ditch the whole product, forget the RAD for the moment and look for other commands available to you to work around the issue.

Your initial post did not have any details of the RAD window involved or the manner of initiating the search so there was not much to work with to try and find a solution.

I do not use MySQL or RAD but others on the forum do, so why not send in some more info or post a picture of the screen ?

My initial thought would be to just pass the query into a memory table and then searching on any column is automatically enabled, without code, by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.

Regards
Al

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.