Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WB12 deployment error

Posted by Arie 
Arie
WB12 deployment error
December 19, 2008 12:01PM
Hi,
I'm trying to get my first WB-site alive. It's a "dynamic webdev site". But I'm getting this error:
Module not activated. (Reinstall it).
(0039, ERR_NOTACTIVATED)

According to the help (for this error), the webdev engine isn't installed properly. But de diagnostic option in wbadmin says it's OK.

Must be a beginners mistake.

First I just installed the website using a setup disk, created via "Workshop - Create the setup procedure". No errors so far.
Then of course I checked all settings and even compared them to my development computer (and modified them whenever I thought I had to).
And I followed the help on configuring IIS. But all settings seems to be OK.

Can anybody give me any hints? I'm using IIS6 on Windows server 2003.

Arie
Fabrice Harari
Re: WB12 deployment error
December 19, 2008 02:13PM
Hi Arie...

I've never had this message, so I cannot be sure, but from the look of it, I would say that you installed the webdev deployment engine without entering the license key...

best regards

Fabrice Harari
WinDev, WebDev, WinDev Mobile Video Courses
Arie
Re: WB12 deployment error
December 19, 2008 02:50PM
Fabrice,
I'm using the WB12 free engine. So I did not have to enter a license key. Or do I mis something?

Additional info. When I "block" the site via wb-admin, I get a nice blocking-message in my brwoser. So wb-engine must be running.

The full message is:
Module not activated. (Reinstall it).
(0039, ERR_NOTACTIVATED)
(cannot find the file specified (2))
(translated from dutch - Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden. (2))

It looks like the engine cannot find some file. Maybe it is the WDL-file? But it is there.

When I put my browser, manually, to other files on the site (like a gif of png or html file), it's working OK.

Arie
Arie
Re: WB12 deployment error - solved
December 19, 2008 03:53PM
Got is solved! By reinstalling everything.
Same machine, same user, etc., so we will never know what caused the problem I'm afraid...

Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.