Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Active Invisible Button/Combo List

Posted by Paul Ziegler 
Paul Ziegler
Active Invisible Button/Combo List
December 18, 2008 01:05AM
I want to have an invisible button on a window that has a keyboard shortcut. I do not want the button to show, but I want it's code to execute when the shortcut is done.

Also, I would like to have a combo list be invisible but active. I want to place it on my own graphic.

I have unchecked the visible box in the Description and selected enabled, but when I execute the window the combo box is not active and the shortcut for the button does not work.

Thanks for any responses.

Paul
Al
Re: Active Invisible Button/Combo List
December 18, 2008 01:47AM
Hello Paul

In terms of the button, it must be visible / active for the shortcut to work.
Place the button in the work area to the right of the screen so it is outside the visible screen area and then set its anchor to right hand side to ensure that it will move out of the way if the window is expanded.

Regards
Al
Fabrice Harari
December 18, 2008 03:04AM
Hi everybody...

I would advise to put it on the LEFT of the window, in order for it NOT to become visible when the window size is increased

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
WinDev, WebDev, WinDev Mobile Video Courses
Al
December 18, 2008 05:26AM
Hello Fabrice

Left or Right placement of hidden controls is a matter of personal preference.

I am right handed so I prefer to have my screen on the left and any non screen visible working controls on the right hand side.

Anchoring these controls with a 100% to the right will maintain their hidden position in relation to the screen window no matter what size it grows to, so they will not be seen.

Your preference to place them on the left means you do not have to worry about setting their anchors, so it may be a safer option.

Regards Al
Paul Ziegler
December 18, 2008 09:51PM
Thanks for the resposnes. Anyone know how to make a combo list invisible but active or does WD not support this?

Paul
Stefan Bentvelsen
December 29, 2008 07:38PM
Hi Paul,

you can use the same method as the button. We use that too, but then you can only add, seek, retrieve values, etc. from the combo. That's were we use it for. I suppose you cannot use via a shortcut key.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.