Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Web Cam Capture

Posted by Paul Ziegler 
Paul Ziegler
Web Cam Capture
December 11, 2008 12:07AM
I have been capturing images from a Logtech web cam for several weeks successfully. I unplugged the web cam from the USB port while I had WD running and displaying the web cam's images. I have plugged it back in and now the WD captures a very static filled screen. No images just looks like and old TV set on the blink. I also tried the web cam with the tutorial example and get the same result. I have reinstalled the driver for the web cam with no change.

By the way, the web cam captures images perfectly from it's own software. I tried another web cam and get the same result. Is there some file that has gotten corrupted? Any input would be appreciated.

Paul Ziegler
Paul Ziegler
Re: Web Cam Capture
December 11, 2008 04:15PM
I have tried the exe on another computer and it works fine from WD, so it sounds like something got corrupted on my developmental computer.

Paul Ziegler
Frans
December 11, 2008 11:46PM
Hello Paul,

I did work with webcams also and in my project many systems hang them selves up.
Perhaps a performance matter?
I don't know so I put it of in my application.

Regards Frans
Paul Ziegler
December 12, 2008 12:52AM
Frans,

Thanks for the response. I have a really fast computer so it is not performance. My son who is a 4th year CS major says it is probably writing to a specific file somewhere which has gotten corrupted, but we do not know which file. It has to be specific to WD, since the cam works fine with it's own software. If nobody has any other ideas, I think I will try out the WD tech support.

Paul Ziegler
KenKnight
December 12, 2008 04:42AM
Hi Paul,

Not sure about your specific problem, however, when you want to track down what programs are accessing what areas of your computer, you want to use Process Explorer now located on the Microsoft site.

Cheers!
Ken
Paul Ziegler
December 12, 2008 03:45PM
Ken,

Thanks for the tip.

Paul
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.