Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WB 12 - Dynamic Web page preview

Posted by Art Bonds 
Art Bonds
WB 12 - Dynamic Web page preview
December 10, 2008 09:51PM
Going through the tutorial, if I make a static web page and test it in the default browser (Firefox) I see the web page just fine. The address bar contains this address:

[localhost]

But when I choose Dynamic WB, make a web page then try to test, I get a blank browser window. This is the address WB tries to display:

[localhost]

Any idea why I cannot see the dynamic web page?

Thanks.
Art Bonds
Re: WB 12 - Dynamic Web page preview
December 10, 2008 10:41PM
I think I've tracked it to a bad AWP configuration... not sure yet, or how to fix it...
Fabrice Harari
Re: WB 12 - Dynamic Web page preview
December 11, 2008 11:22AM
Hello Art...

A bad awp configuration comes from an error in the web server (not webdev) config... So HOW to fix it depends on which web server you are using... But in any case, the reason is that there is a missing shortcut somewhere (the one that should tell the web server to use the webdev engine to manage url finishing with awp) or containing the wd120awp.exe

Most of the time, reinstalling webdev and letting the dvd also preinstall/configure the web server does the trick

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
WinDev, WebDeb, WinDev Mobile consulting
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.