Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About user groupware

Posted by PETER ZHOU 
PETER ZHOU
About user groupware
December 02, 2008 05:36PM
The user groupware data is created by default in "EXE\GPW_<Project Name> directory".

How to change it to another DRIVE + PATH ?

I've tried with HChangeDir but when i want to add new users, i've problem with the security mechanism.

HChangeDir(GPWUSER,"E:\Gpw_RMS")
HChangeDir(GPWUSERCONFIGURATION,"E:\Gpw_RMS")
HChangeDir(GPWCONFIGURATION,"E:\Gpw_RMS")
HChangeDir(GPWCONNECTIONHISTORY,"E:\Gpw_RMS")
HChangeDir(GPWELEMENT,"E:\Gpw_RMS")
HChangeDir(GPWELEMENTCONFIGURATION,"E:\Gpw_RMS")

HCreationIfNotFound(GPWUSER,"PCSGPW2001")
HCreationIfNotFound(GPWUSERCONFIGURATION,"PCSGPW2001")
HCreationIfNotFound(GPWCONFIGURATION,"PCSGPW2001")
HCreationIfNotFound(GPWConnectionHistory,"PCSGPW2001")
HCreationIfNotFound(GPWELEMENT,"PCSGPW2001")
HCreationIfNotFound(GPWELEMENTCONFIGURATION,"PCSGPW2001")

// Opens the login window for the user groupware
nRes is int = gpwOpen("E:\Gpw_RMS")
// If the login failed
IF nRes <> gpwOk THEN
SWITCH nRes
CASE gpwError : Error("Error initializing the groupware.")
CASE gpwUnknownUser : Error("Unknown user.")
CASE gpwInvalidPassword : Error("Invalid password.")
END
EndProgram()
END
Carlo Hermus
Re: About user groupware
December 02, 2008 08:05PM
Peter,

2 things, I use another path for my groupware all the time and no problems.

This is how I do it.

I enable groupware and select custom integration and Manual run.

I also import the user groupware files in my Analysis.

A bonus for importing the files in the analysisis that I can play around with it how I like. I can even add fields to the files. Don't delete, change or change the order of the file contents.

And I use

nRes is int = gpwOpen("E:\Gpw_RMS","E:\Gpw_RMS")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 08:06PM by Carlo Hermus.
PETER ZHOU
December 16, 2008 06:49PM
Carlo Hermus
Peter,

2 things, I use another path for my groupware all the time and no problems.

This is how I do it.

I enable groupware and select custom integration and Manual run.

I also import the user groupware files in my Analysis.

A bonus for importing the files in the analysisis that I can play around with it how I like. I can even add fields to the files. Don't delete, change or change the order of the file contents.

And I use

nRes is int = gpwOpen("E:\Gpw_RMS","E:\Gpw_RMS")

Cheers,

Carlo

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 12/02/08 08:06PM by Carlo Hermus.

Hi Carlo,

It's working ! but when creating new users ( CONFIGURING THE GROUPWARE), it gave security mechanism error message - BAD PASSWORD, it asked me to enter password

Do you know why ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

PETER ZHOU

Carlo Hermus
December 17, 2008 10:41PM
Peter,

Sorry for my late response, but I have had this one too.

And looking back I think I solved this by deleting the existing groupware files. Somehow I was not able to change their (by PCSoft) standard password. Either your analysis has a no password or a different password compared to the existing groupware files.

But please don't slap me, because it is months ago that I had this error and I forgot to document it.
PETER ZHOU
December 18, 2008 08:40AM
Carlo Hermus
Peter,

And looking back I think I solved this by deleting the existing groupware files. Somehow I was not able to change their (by PCSoft) standard password. Either your analysis has a no password or a different password compared to the existing groupware files.

But please don't slap me, because it is months ago that I had this error and I forgot to document it.

Cheers,

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for your reply...

I've deleted them...but it's still the same.

Anybody any suggestion ?

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
PETER ZHOU
December 18, 2008 10:21AM
PETER ZHOU
Carlo Hermus
Peter,

Cheers,

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

Anybody any suggestion ?

Regards,

PETER ZHOU

Hi,

Found the issue !

I have to turn OFF the log write option in the file description of the user groupware.

Now, it's works...

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
Alexandre Leclerc
December 18, 2008 02:56PM
Hi Carlo,

If you do not need to modify the files, you are not obliged to import them. In fact, you can access them anytime providing the full path. For example:

GPWUtil.GPWUtilisateur.Login=SAI_Login
	GPWUtil.GPWUtilisateur.Nom=SAI_LastName
	GPWUtil.GPWUtilisateur.Prénom=SAI_FirstName
	GPWUtil.GPWUtilisateur.MotPasse=SAI_Password
	GPWUtil.GPWUtilisateur.MotPasseASaisir=False
	GPWUtil.GPWUtilisateur.Superviseur=INT_Supervisor
	IF NOT HAdd("GPWUtilisateur") THEN //...

Aside that, I simply:
- add the groupware and set the desired password for the groupware files;
- use gpwOpen() with my personalized path;
- call directly the groupware files for all interactions (add / remove / etc.)

But I must say that I never thought to import the files to modify them. I would have save me the trouble of having two "user" files for additional information on the user. On the other side, I use the groupware as-is.

That was an interesting post for me, to know that this was an available solution.
Alexandre Leclerc
December 18, 2008 05:51PM
Hi again Carlo,

When you import the gpw analysis, how do you proceed? Is it from another analysis? Is it from HF file importation?

That subject interest me but I find few information in the help file.

Best regards.
Carlo Hermus
December 18, 2008 08:56PM
PETER ZHOU
PETER ZHOU
Carlo Hermus
Peter,

Cheers,

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

Anybody any suggestion ?

Regards,

PETER ZHOU

Hi,

Found the issue !

I have to turn OFF the log write option in the file description of the user groupware.

Now, it's works...

Regards,

PETER ZHOU

Hmm this is a new one for me, I maybe excidental did that to, but I never use the log anyway. Thanks for the tip, maybe I overdid it when correcting the problem and the only thing what helped was turning off the log write option.

But when you deleted the files did you also delete the jnl files?
Carlo Hermus
December 18, 2008 09:01PM
Alexandre Leclerc
Hi again Carlo,

When you import the gpw analysis, how do you proceed? Is it from another analysis? Is it from HF file importation?

That subject interest me but I find few information in the help file.

Best regards.

Alexandre,

This is not written down anywhere in the help files. I discovered this in the old forum (no it is not completely my idea). Sorry but I do not like to take the credit if it was not earned by me.

But what I discovered when importing the files, is you can modify the files as long as you leave the standard fields and order of fields in tact (this means only create fields after the last standard fields).

To get the groupware files you can use any you like, I created them in one application and then imported (by dragging) the groupware files in my analysis.
Alexandre Leclerc
December 18, 2008 10:55PM
Hi Carlo,

Thank you for the information. In fact it is written in the help file that you can add new fields to the groupware files. But it does not explain how and how to import the files correctly in the analysis.

But I will give a try to the drag & drop. smiling smiley The help says that gpwInitAnalysis() must be called after.

Regards.
Jimbo
December 19, 2008 05:46AM
Hi friends,

if you do not like WD Groupware as it is: just make your own! It's easier than you'd think! In my MDI-Groupware I have all of the functionalities of WD Groupware, INCLUDING admin-controlled menu & control appearance of all windows (normal, grey, read-only, invisible ..), INCLUDING encrypted gpw-files, INCLUDING user groups BUT NOT allowing a user not to be part of a user group, users can be of ADMIN or of USER type, PLUS 'Companies' (different databases with different data file sets based on the same analysis), PLUS computers (allowing to control access of users from certain computers only), PLUS a log file (who logged in / out + date/time from which computer and to which company), PLUS a calender with text notes for each day, PLUS an admin-controlled set of 20 short cuts for each each user chosen from a selection of windows. The beauty of it is that I have full control over all of the functions.

Credits to PC Soft: I 'took' (aka stole) a part of their gpw-code that refers to storing / retrieving / setting of control appearance.

<a href="[content.screencast.com] src="[content.screencast.com]; width="1126" height="581" border="0" /></a>

Kind regards,
Guenter
PETER ZHOU
December 19, 2008 11:05AM
Jimbo
Hi friends,

if you do not like WD Groupware as it is: just make your own! It's easier than you'd think! In my MDI-Groupware I have all of the functionalities of WD Groupware, INCLUDING admin-controlled menu & control appearance of all windows (normal, grey, read-only, invisible ..), INCLUDING encrypted gpw-files, INCLUDING user groups BUT NOT allowing a user not to be part of a user group, users can be of ADMIN or of USER type, PLUS 'Companies' (different databases with different data file sets based on the same analysis), PLUS computers (allowing to control access of users from certain computers only), PLUS a log file (who logged in / out + date/time from which computer and to which company), PLUS a calender with text notes for each day, PLUS an admin-controlled set of 20 short cuts for each each user chosen from a selection of windows. The beauty of it is that I have full control over all of the functions.

Credits to PC Soft: I 'took' (aka stole) a part of their gpw-code that refers to storing / retrieving / setting of control appearance.

<a href="[content.screencast.com] src="[content.screencast.com]; width="1126" height="581" border="0" /></a>

Kind regards,
Guenter

Dear Guenter,

Would you be able to "share" & let us download any example ?

Sorry if i'm asking too much smiling smiley

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
Alexandre Leclerc
December 19, 2008 03:37PM
Hi Gunter,

Well, in fact you can do all you mentioned above, but still use the groupware as-is. (As I do.) So it saved me all the time of reinventing the wheel again and I can use all the WLanguage groupware commands. Its not a perfect groupware but it saves one's time a lot. (Yeah, I also have the "not made here" syndrome... but sometimes I can get over it. :-))

I simply had to personalized the screens to have the desired behaviour and create the missing DB files. (I made a second user file for the user missing information, but that's nothing to do.) But in the end I'm sure I saved a lot of time.

One can talk directly to the groupware's files any time and any where in the project. So you can personalize it as you want.

Best regards.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.