Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tree View (TreeFind)

Posted by Glenn Stretton 
Glenn Stretton
Tree View (TreeFind)
November 24, 2008 11:46AM
I'm using the treefind function to return the path of a node in my treeview. The value returned also includes the node identifier as part of the returned string. Is there any way to avoid/get rid of this other than putting the string into an array and seperating the elements by seperator?

Thanks in advance

Glenn
DerekT
Re: Tree View (TreeFind)
November 24, 2008 06:05PM
Glenn
Not sure what you are needing to do here.

If you are using the the identifier to find the record then you are correct in your current approach and the returned string is as you describe.
If having searched for the Treeview item, you wish to select it, then you have to add the code as line 2
If you require the Node<TAB>Leaf returned the add line 3

1. FindRes is string = TreeFind(TreeView1,163)
2. TreeSelectPlus(TreeView1,FindRes)
3. TreeSelect(TreeView1)

AFAIK you cannot return the Line 3 values unless you have selected the item first.
Either as described or by placing TreeSelect(Myself) in theRow Selection of the Treeview code editor.

Treeviews are, IMHO, not the easiest when it come to manipulating the content.

I am now using the TreeViewTable control
The code to fill them is different but once they are filled then all of the options available for a standard table (Seek,Select,Select+,Select,MultiSelect etc etc) are available.
Of course if you wish you can edit the style to get pretty much the look of a standard treeview.

Well worth a look

Regards

DerekT
Glenn Stretton
Re: Tree View (TreeFind)
November 27, 2008 03:57PM
Thanks for the response.

I decided to go down the treeView Table route instead as it seems to be much more logical!

Glenn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.