Advanced

Parallel Dongle on USB

Posted by heinz kuebler 
heinz kuebler
Parallel Dongle on USB
November 17, 2008 04:31PM
Hi all,

has anybody ever tried to use the windev parallel donge together with a
hardware device (converter) usb to parallel ?

I wonder if this works or if i have to exchange my dongle, since new laptops do not have a parallel port anymore.

regards, heinz
Erik Schwarz
Re: Parallel Dongle on USB
November 17, 2008 05:52PM
Hi Heinz,

there have been some postings regarding this several years ago. Once I thought about that, but I do not remember any good things, because I exchanged it against an usb dongle, which is in my oppinion the better and saver way.

Erik
Jimbo
Re: Parallel Dongle on USB
November 17, 2008 09:11PM
Hi Heinz,

there have been some experiments with USB -> Parallel cables. No joy.

However, there is a USB -> LPT converter available (note: that's a real converter NOT only a USB->parallel-adapter cable!) that MAY do the job, because it presents a standard LPT-port to the computer, not only a parallel connector. UNTESTED! It's just an assumption!
[www.1apc.de]

But: Comparing the price of the uncertain converter (39,90) and the price of a dongle exchange for 49,- Euros .. USB is the connector to go anyway ..

PC Soft offers a dongle exchange that lets you use your current dongle, ask for an exchange while giving your credit card data. They will charge the card with a full WinDev (990,-) if they dont get back the defective or otherwise unusable dongle. Dont forget insurance on the dongle sent !

Kind regards,
Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.