Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Store the column configuration - lost after update

Posted by Arie 
Hi,
Windev can store the column configuration and size+position of windows, whenever the user change them, according to his/her needs. These values are saved in the registry.

However, after every update of my application, these values are lost somehow. So all settings are back to default.

Anyone knows how to overcome this behavior?

Arie
Fabrice Harari
Re: Store the column configuration - lost after update
November 07, 2008 12:14PM
Hi Arie...

the default setting is that this data is stored automatically in the registry (and I'm guessing, because I didn't check, with the application version number in the key, which makes sense because windows can be vastly different from one version to the next, with possibly problems when using OLD settings)

So if you still want to use the automatic storage, you can use 'InitParameter' to specify WHERE you want your data stored (either in a key WITHOUT the app number, or in a xml file, or even in an ini file)

Best regards

Fabrice Harari
WinDev, WebDev, WinDev Mobile consulting
Patrice Terrier
Arie, did you get my answer to you?
November 07, 2008 05:20PM
Arie,

Just out of curriosity, did you get my answer to your question about GDImage?

Looks like you have a problem with your spam filter.

Just in case you didn't get it.
Here is a copy of my answer (sent to you on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 10:49 AM)

Arie,

I apologize for not being able to answer quicker, but i was to the funeral of my mother, and i just come back home.

If you did not download already the WD9 zoomplus demo, here is the link to do it:
[www.zapsolution.com]
I hope, it should help you to figure out what to do, if not, feel free to ask me more...

Regards

patrice
Fabrice,
there is no version in the registry-key,I'm afraid.
Windev stores these settings in HKCU\Software\%Company%\%Application%\%window_name%\%control_name%

Maybe it's not a windev. The application runs on terminal server. Probably a Microsoft issue...

Arie

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.