Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SCM can be so frustrating !

Posted by Glenn Rathke 
Glenn Rathke
SCM can be so frustrating !
November 06, 2008 10:37PM
Hi All,

SCM shows three is a file checked out to me. However, when I go to check it in, it says it is not checked out to me. I'm not able to undo the check out or anything else. In fact if i try and delete it from SCM again, it tells me it can't be found. If I physically delete it from my disk, the next time I ;pad the project it brings a copy of it back down. How I don't know because SCM says it can't be found.

How can i rectify this. I wou;dn't mind if I could delte it entire and add it back in to the project and SCM.

And yes, I've tried maintenance on the SCM to no avail.

Thanks
Glenn Rathke
Andres Sanchez
Re: SCM can be so frustrating !
November 06, 2008 11:17PM
Glenn:

When i started with SCM I also had several problems, but now is everything fine. The thing is that when someone checks out a file, and you want to check it out also, it gives you some options that sometimes we dont read, but it is telling you that you will check out the file in test mode, that means that you cannot check in that file.

And as I did, you probably think you could get away with that but you cannot.

What i did, when you are at a certain point, that you dont know how to fix it. I disconnect the project from SCM, you can do that at

SCM -> Remote Work -> Disconnect for a mobile use...

Then you can create another DataBase in your server and do an "add the entire project to SCM"

Hope it helps.

Andres Sanchez

Glenn Rathke
Re: SCM can be so frustrating !
November 06, 2008 11:35PM
Hi Andres,

Thanks for the info!

Glenn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.