Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About filter in searchable column under windev

Posted by PETER ZHOU 
PETER ZHOU
About filter in searchable column under windev
November 05, 2008 03:25AM
Hi,

There's "filter" option under the "searchable" table column in windev where the enduser can change from "searchable" to "filter". Is there anyway to set the default as "filter" ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
PETER ZHOU
Re: About filter in searchable column under windev
November 07, 2008 07:46PM
PETER ZHOU
Hi,

There's "filter" option under the "searchable" table column in windev where the enduser can change from "searchable" to "filter". Is there anyway to set the default as "filter" ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

PETER ZHOU

Hi,

is there no solution to it ?

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
Milton
November 07, 2008 08:26PM
Peter,

I am not sure I understand your question - I can see where a column can be searchable, or that you can filter the results of a table via coding or query, but I don't see the "filter option under searchable table column". Can you provide more information please?

Milton
PETER ZHOU
November 07, 2008 09:09PM
Milton Kirkwood
Peter,

I am not sure I understand your question - I can see where a column can be searchable, or that you can filter the results of a table via coding or query, but I don't see the "filter option under searchable table column". Can you provide more information please?

Milton

If you right-click on the magnifying glass, it will show the FIND & FILTER options.

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
Peter,

thanks for showing me a great feature, new to me!!
I wonder how many of us knew this.

I'm afraid I can't answer your question though...

Arie
Peter,

have a look at TableEnableFilter(). You can activate the filter by programming. Maybe you can create your own popupmenu.
There's also a "whenever searching with the search glass" event on a table. Could be usefull.

I'm not able to test things right now.

Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.