Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to print

Posted by ICI 
ICI
How to print
November 04, 2008 08:24PM
Regards to all

I'm start to create very simple POS application to create invoice and print it.
What is the best solution to create POS Invoice. (Cash register)

I think about max. width 7,5 cm x N lenght paper + cutter + open drawer

1. Do I heft to install this type of printer for programming or there is solution already ?
2. Do I must to create text file first and then print it directly to printer ?

I do not found any option for this when create report and also into help file. sad smiley
Christoph Erdmann
Re: How to print
November 05, 2008 07:39AM
Hi,

first you must configure your POS printer as standard printer before you start windev. Then all fonts avaible for this printer. Maybe you have a font ( control by EPSON ) for the commands to manage cutter and drawer.... Other things you can set in the properties of your printer. After compilation it is not neccesary to have the POS printer as standard more.

Christoph
Jimbo
Re: How to print
November 05, 2008 07:52AM
For our POS system, we either
- print directly to the port and printer. sOpen(..) does it for parallel and serial
- or are using the windows driver and print using iPrint(..) (all printers, including USB-printers)

sOpen(..) is the preferred way in order to send ESC-commands like cutting, opening the drawer or updating the stored logo in the printer. So, steer clear of USB slip-printers.

Regards, Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.