Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WEBDEV CSS trouble.

Posted by BLS 
BLS
WEBDEV CSS trouble.
November 02, 2008 10:55PM
Hi,

After examining a lot of Javascript libraries I've finally found what I need and the first things are looking promising.
Dojo - Dojo Dijit Check it out online : [dojocampus.org]

I am not able to show the complete code, sorry, but using html tags in this message will produce a lot off mess. Still contains some mess, though smiling smiley

I have placed a HTML control on my page.

This is some HTML and the Javascript code I use.

<title>button</title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
      dojo.require("dojo.event.*");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.*");
      dojo.require("dojo.widget.Button");

function init()
      {
       // get Button ID
        var helloButton = dojo.widget.byId('helloButton');
       // connect button click to WEBDEV helloPressed procedure
        dojo.event.connect(helloButton, 'onClick', 'helloPressed');
      }

dojo.addOnLoad(init);
    </script>
</head>
<--body bgcolor="#FFFFCC">

<--button dojoType="Button" widgetId="helloButton" onClick="helloPressed();">Hello World!</button>
The interesting thing here is :
dojo.event.connect(helloButton, 'onClick', 'helloPressed');
// which calls a WB helloPressed() : local Navigator : simply :
PROCEDURE helloPressed()
	Info("WEBDEV", "Hello World")
//Javascript
//function helloPressed()
//{
//	alert('Hello World');
//}

Okay, that's fine. But in case that I want to use for instance Dojo Dijit's Tab control : Game over.

I can see something pretty ugly on the page, but nothing really similar to a tab control.
( Just a fragment, )

// WHATEVER I DO NO CSS SUPPORT

<--link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="js/dojo1.2/dijit/themes/tundra/tundra.css"/>

<script type="text/javascript"
djConfig="parseOnLoad: true"
src="js/dojo1.2/dojo/dojo.js">
</script>   

<script type="text/javascript">
           dojo.require("dijit.layout.ContentPane");
           dojo.require("dijit.layout.TabContainer");
           dojo.require("dijit.form.Button");
     </script>
</head>
<--body class="tundra">

the tab in divs..

as you can see in the code my javascript libraries are in

project_WEB directory
--js
----dojo1.2

The problem is most probably CSS related. (and yes I've imported the DOJO css files)
Whatever I do : The dojo.css files don't find their way into the project_WEB directory.

Why not ? I think they should. Is that a known bug ?

As said I've imported all relavant Dojo css files. Project properties ... style
Why I can't access this styles . Let's say to apply this style to an entry field ???

WEBDEV's css support is lousy. (to say the least)
Really hope somebody is willing to help,
Bjoern

Next and OT
Why do I have two identical project_WEB FR subdirectories. Not to forget an US directory. I am just have french language support.
project_WEB
--FR
--FR
--US
very unhealthy !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2008 11:04PM by BLS.
pat.pcs.crosspost
Re: WEBDEV CSS trouble.
November 03, 2008 02:08PM
Hi Bjoern,

My feeling is that it's more a "DOJO CSS trouble". I tried to test Dojo but I failed during the time I was able to spent. I did not manage to make a single HTML page using Dojo. I would qualify Dojo as complex regarding my standards. The Dojo package contains 367 folder and more than 1800 files. I gave up.

Good luck anyway
--
pat
[ilikewd.free.fr]

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
BLS
Re: WEBDEV CSS trouble.
November 03, 2008 07:45PM
Hi pat;
I can't help myself ; you make me smile. YOU can't make it ? So there is not much hope for me.
Seriously :
Quantity does not mean necessarily complexitivity.

I have a running sample by using WEBDEV and dojo.. I would like to send you this minimalistic project, if you like. Well, I know time matters. but in case, let me know.
(I know about limited time, I've spend the whole night until 5 pm to make a simple dojo sample work)
I don't like to give up so I'll forward a request to PCS (Beside my first support request during the last four years) .

But I am afraid that they will answer / He man ! that's not about WEBDEV.

YEAH. Javascript integration, CSS integration, Linux support; IX systems , NETsupport, ...... is , as it seems, not their part.
I have to ask then why they sell a WEB product... fruitless...

Beside that :
IMO there is too much WINDEV in WEBDEV. In other words, WEBDEV is just a slightly modified WINDEV.

Need an example ? HTLM coding support ?.
Just plain text is what you can enter young Gonzo !

Javascript support ?
Syntax Highlightning ? Intellisense ?, Seemless Javascript integration ?
Not with us!

Standard CSS support ?
No; we prefer to brew are own shi*

I guess PCS would like to declare their product as state of the art. I just can say: Not yet. Not even somehow.

High end is SAAS producer support to Amazon, MS, Cloud deployment and seamless NET support, REST instead of SOAP etc.. Nothing is supported by WEBDEV atm.

Today I've spend a few hours to look at what MS has to offer ... have a look by yourself.

OK, enough ; I really like Windev but I am completely pissed off regarding Webdev. I hope I can leave this tool chaine asap.

Bjoern .

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.