Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windows Application vs .NET Application under windev

Posted by PETER ZHOU 
PETER ZHOU
Windows Application vs .NET Application under windev
October 31, 2008 06:55AM
Hi,

Can anybody tell me what's the advantage/disadvantage when windev compiles to a windows or .net executables ?

Will .net app be a more logical approach ( desktop & web deployment )?

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
Peter san,

Developing WD applications for the dot net platform is good for nothing. WD dot net Interoperability is not given.
To be more positive : dot net Interoperability is too limited. This is also valid for WD 14.
What I mean with too limited is that a lot of dot net libraries are not usable from WD.
2 examples : Generic containers, sub classing a dot net class. this is beside the reason why we can't use dot net controls....

What I like is the ability to create the database related stuff in WD, create a DOT net assembly and plug this Windev generated assembly into a C# Vb net or managed C++ application. I've tested this scenario with C# .. works fine.

Bjoern
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.