Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WB12] + PayPal = Problem with Alias

Posted by David 
David
[WB12] + PayPal = Problem with Alias
October 31, 2008 12:49AM
Hi,

I am trying connect my website with PayPal. I am going to use "Website Payments Standard".

My form should look like this:
input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"

but form created by WebDev looks:
input type="hidden" name="CMD" value="_xclick"

The only one different is name="CMD" which is name (Alias) of edit control in Webdev and all letters are upper case . I cannot change this name (Alias) to lower case. Without that I am forwarding to wrong part of PayPal system and I can't finish transaction.

Does anyone have any experience with PayPal in WebDev.
David
Re: [WB12] + PayPal = Problem with Alias
November 17, 2008 09:37AM
I found it.

For all my edit controls I set-up a code:

Example:
edit_Value1..htmlAfter = "<input type="+"""hidden"""+ "name="+"""cmd""" + " value="+"""_xclick"""+">"

After that I am sending all forms to PayPal. Form with Alias in upper case is ignored by PayPal but form created by code "htmlafter" has a lower case and is reading by PayPal.

The problem only exists when you try send controls value to other website and you are using "POST" method.

Thanks

David
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.